In case you missed it, President Obama this week unveiled his administration's "Blueprint for a Secure Energy Future." The document is mostly a rehash of prior policy statements with a few updates and refinements. Specific proposals include:
- establishing a Clean Energy Standard, or CES, that would set an annual target for electricity usage from clean energy sources;
- expanding domestic oil and gas development and production;
- promoting the transition to electric vehicles;
- reducing barriers to increased biofuels use;
- upgrading the federal vehicle fleet;
- investing in high-speed rail; and
- continuing rebate programs and other incentives for energy efficiency projects for residential and commercial buildings.
The full document is available here (pdf required).